Sunday, May 8, 2011

Possible additions to LPFM-


The recent assignment of adding to wikipedia took much longer than I had originally assumed. This was a mistake on my behalf, simply because it seemed like everything had already been covered about topics on wikipedia. I found two things that I think could be worked on and added to wikipedia. 

I liked that there was an opinion page about LPFM. There were quotes from notable people sharing their opinions about the movement of LPFM. I believe that this section could be expanded. Are there any quotes from an FCC official. I thought that a quote form previous President Clinton and/or President Obama would be a thoughtful and helpful addition because thy have both been involved the modern evolution of LPFM. 

Another part I believe that could be expanded is the pros and cons of LPFM. IT seemed like good points were presented but more detail could definitely be supplied. Things like how each advocacy felt or how corporate radio stations have felt and feel now. It would be interesting to see the corporate side presented more in an unbiased manner.Overall I believe that one of the two additions would be helpful. Below, arethe pages that I found related closely with our subject. 


Low Power FM broadcasting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LPFM#Opinions

FCC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Communications_Commission

1 comment:

  1. Your idea about adding on the opinion page made a lot of sense, I feel that adding more to the opinions page will result in a more holistic representation of the topic. I also commend the fact that you want to look at both the good and bad of LPFM, this will present information on all sides of the topic and will not show a biased opinion. Great ideas Andrina!

    ReplyDelete